The sales will start on Friday, November 28th at 12pm CST, and run until Monday, December 8th, at 11:59pm CST.
We will be featuring 50% off all digital products for the entire ten days! (use coupon code: blackfriday)
On Small Business Saturday, Saturday, November 29th ONLY for 24 hours you can gain access to the Rock Your Biz & PROFITS Club for 50% off and get FREE access to the Rock Your PROFITS Coaching Club for FREE for 12 months, that’s a $2364 Value. (use promo code: blackfriday and take advantage of this offer on Saturday ONLY, no additional promo code needed)
Please stay tuned as we will be sending you more information next week.
We all have a favorite expression when it comes to being stressed out. But when it comes down to it, I think that it is how we work or even relax, for that matter that triggers stress.
Have you ever been stressed even when you’re well relaxed and bored? I know I have.
Since stress seems to be unavoidable in life, it is important to find ways to decrease and prevent stressful situations as much as possible as well as decrease our negative reactions to stress we just can’t seem to avoid.
Here are some quick tips for helping you to manage the stress!
Learn to manage your time as much as possible (the truth is we can’t really manage time but you know what I mean :-))
Time management skills will allow you more time with your family and friends, down time or whatever it is you want to do as well as lead to increased increase performance and productivity. Which, in the end will help reduce your stress.
To improve your time management:
- Save time by focusing and concentrating, delegating, and scheduling time for yourself.
- Keep a record of how you spend your time, including work, family, and leisure time. (you might be surprised how much time you are wasting on certain items that can easily be delegated or taken off your to do list altogether)
- Prioritize your time by rating tasks by importance and urgency. Redirect your time to those activities that are important and meaningful to you.
- Manage your commitments by not over- or under committing. Don’t commit to what is not important to you. (which means you gotta get clear on what is and isn’t important to you in the first place)
- Deal with procrastination by using a day planner, breaking large projects into smaller ones, and setting short-term deadlines and goals, it will be less overwhelming too.
- Examine your beliefs to reduce conflict between what you believe and what your life is like.
- Build healthy coping strategies
It is important that you identify your coping strategies. One way to do this is by recording the stressful event, your reaction, and how you cope in a stress journal. With this information, you can work to change unhealthy coping strategies into healthy ones-those that help you focus on the positive and what you can change or control in your life.
Some behaviors and lifestyle choices affect your stress level. They may not cause stress directly, but they can interfere with the ways your body seeks relief from stress. Try to:
- Balance personal, work, and family needs and obligations.
- Have a sense of purpose in life.
- Get enough sleep, since your body recovers from the stresses of the day while you are sleeping.
- Eat a balanced diet for a nutritional defense against stress.
- Get moderate exercise throughout the week.
Social support is a major factor in how we experience stress. Social support is the positive support you receive from family, friends, and the community. It is the knowledge that you are cared for, loved, esteemed, and valued. More and more research indicates a strong relationship between social support and better mental and physical health.
Change your thinking
When an event triggers negative thoughts, you may experience fear, insecurity, anxiety, depression, rage, guilt, and a sense of worthlessness or powerlessness. These emotions trigger the body’s stress, just as an actual threat does. Dealing with your negative thoughts and how you see things can help reduce stress.
- Thought-stopping helps you stop a negative thought to help eliminate stress.
- Disproving irrational thoughts helps you to avoid exaggerating the negative thought, anticipating the worst, and interpreting an event incorrectly.
- Problem solving helps you identify all aspects of a stressful event and find ways to deal with it.
- Changing your communication style helps you communicate in a way that makes your views known without making others feel put down, hostile, or intimidated. This reduces the stress that comes from poor communication. Use the assertiveness ladder to improve your communication style.
If you’d like to take this learning a bit further feel free to download The Definitive Guide to Time Management here!
Hmm, does that seem a little odd to ask from a business stand point?
I know on the surface it might, and quiet frankly I have been hiding this part of me in my biz too, for far too long might I add.
However, here’s what I have discovered, our most valuable resource is our inner guidance system.
So let me ask you is your inner guidance propelling your business forward or are you ignoring it and not getting the results that you want in your business and life? For those of you who know me it mean seem odd at first that I am talking about this subject of inner guidance and alignment and at first glance it may seem that one does not have anything to do with the other. ( I told you up until now, I have been hiding this part of me, but no more, we are spiritual beings and this is one the cool things I get to teach my clients, so why hide it?)
Here’s the thing though, over the past little while I have really been reflecting on what is working and what is not working in business and WHY? and this has lead me to none other then our inner guidance system. You see, our inner guidance system is our greatest asset and is essentially your secret weapon to propel your business forward, that is if you listen to it. I have noticed a trend with myself as well as with my clients and this has been a huge factor in determining who is getting the result and who isn’t getting the result. And the cool thing is that we all have this secret weapon, we just need to learn how to tap into it. :-)
Let’s first talk about the idea of what exactly is this inner guidance? Simply put, inner guidance is our inner knowing, it’s the gut feeling that we have and it is directly related to our emotions and our energy. Our inner guidance is our direct connection to Source/God/The Universe, essentially, it is our connection to Home.
You need to know, are you in alignment with your inner guidance in order to tap into this amazing tool, so how do you know?
Actually, its really quiet simple, it always shows up in our results. If you are getting what you expect, what you want, you are likely tapped into your inner guidance, if you are not, then, well, you are likely just “doing” for the sake of doing rather then coming from that place of knowing it is the right thing. If you are doing all the things that you “should be” doing in your business but you are still not getting the result you are not in alignment with your inner guidance.
Let’s say for example you are part of a program to help you grow your business, you are applying the same marketing strategies and you are doing the same “things” as others in the program yet you are not getting the same results, in fact, you are frustrated or overwhelmed, this likely because you are not in alignment with what it is that you are doing and you are not coming from the right place when you are doing it. When you are applying strategies in your business it is important to check in with yourself to see if it’s in alignment with what it is that you want to create, your higher vision, how you want to work with folks, etc, etc. etc.
The great thing is that you can fix this, you just need to start tapping into your inner guidance system so that you can tweak what you are doing. Trust me, you will be surprised as to just how quickly you can start getting different results when you start to trust your inner guidance.
If you need some help with tweaking your business to get fully aligned with your inner guidance and you are ready to uplevel your life and business let’s talk, I’d love for you to join us in the Rock Your PROFITS Inner Circle, details here, or Rock Your Biz & PROFITS Club all access pass, details on that here!
Until next time, have a rocking day!
Love and blessings,
The following tips provide practical suggestions that you can use to help you shift into more positive thinking patterns:
1. Take Good Care of Yourself
It’s much easier to be positive when you are eating well, exercising, and getting enough rest.
2. Remind Yourself of the Things You Are Grateful For
Stresses and challenges don’t seem quite as bad when you are constantly reminding yourself of the things that are right in life. Taking just 60 seconds a day to stop and appreciate the good things will make a huge difference.
3. Look for the Proof Instead of Making Assumptions
A fear of not being liked or accepted sometimes leads us to assume that we know what others are thinking, but our fears are usually not reality. If you have a fear that a friend or family member’s bad mood is due to something you did, or that your co-workers are secretly gossiping about you when you turn your back, speak up and ask them. Don’t waste time worrying that you did something wrong unless you have proof that there is something to worry about.
4. Refrain from Using Absolutes
Have you ever told a partner “You’re ALWAYS late!” or complained to a friend “You NEVER call me!”? Thinking and speaking in absolutes like ‘always’ and ‘never’ makes the situation seem worse than it is, and programs your brain into believing that certain people are incapable of delivering.
5. Detach From Negative Thoughts
Your thoughts can’t hold any power over you if you don’t judge them. If you notice yourself having a negative thought, detach from it, witness it, and don’t follow it.
6. Squash the “ANTs”
In his book “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life,” Dr. Daniel Amen talks about “ANTs” – Automatic Negative Thoughts. These are the bad thoughts that are usually reactionary, like “Those people are laughing, they must be talking about me,” or “The boss wants to see me? It must be bad!” When you notice these thoughts, realize that they are nothing more than ANTs and squash them!
7. Practice Lovin’, Touchin’ & Squeezin’ (Your Friends and Family)
You don’t have to be an expert to know the benefits of a good hug. Positive physical contact with friends, loved ones, and even pets, is an instant pick-me-up. One research study on this subject had a waitress touch some of her customers on the arm as she handed them their checks. She received higher tips from these customers than from the ones she didn’t touch!
8. Increase Your Social Activity
By increasing social activity, you decrease loneliness. Surround yourself with healthy, happy people, and their positive energy will affect you in a positive way!
9. Volunteer for an Organization, or Help another Person
Everyone feels good after helping. You can volunteer your time, your money, or your resources. The more positive energy you put out into the world, the more you will receive in return.
10. Use Pattern Interrupts to Combat Rumination
If you find yourself ruminating, a great way to stop it is to interrupt the pattern and force yourself to do something completely different. Rumination is like hyper-focus on something negative. It’s never productive, because it’s not rational or solution-oriented, it’s just excessive worry. Try changing your physical environment – go for a walk or sit outside. You could also call a friend, pick up a book, or turn on some music.
If you are ready to take your biz and the life to a whole new level and are ready to get the help of someone who has been there, done that I invite you to a conversation.
Happy Halloween, I wanted to share some trick or treat goodies with you just for fun!
5 Mistakes Keeping You Broke and How to Fix them!
- 5 Mistakes Entrepreneurs are making that keep them stuck and broke
- 5 Simple strategies you can implement to avoid these mistakes
- Practical steps you can take right away to cash in
Get access here: http://rockyourgrowth.com/
Social Focus – Get Visible Results
The training is geared for entrepreneurs, small business owners and their teams to learn how to increase their visibility using SEO, Social Media and PR.
- Video #1 – Focus on Words –explores how to use the right words both online and offline so your target market can easily find YOU.
- Video #2 – Focus on Platform –discusses how to identify which social platforms you should be active on and why.
- Video #3 – Focus on Visibility – is all about landing media and using social media to have the inside advantage to easily connect with the media, and more…
Get access here: http://socialsagepr.com/go/soc
7 Building Blocks to Create a Multi-6-Figure + Biz Foundation
- Discover my 7 step formula & action steps you can implement to create a multi-6-figure & beyond biz foundation
- What mistakes to avoid so you don’t stay stuck!
Get access here: http://rockyourgrowth.com/
3 Keys to Unlock Freedom and Cash flow in Your Biz
- Does it feel like your team just can’t get anything everything in place in time?
- Are you leveraging your current systems for your continued growth?
- Or are you like the many business owners I talk to that are throwing money at the wall, just trying to earn a buck?
- Do you feel like you are working too hard in your business?
- Do you want to make MORE money and have MORE free time?
- Do you want to be able to have FREEDOM in your business, like real freedom, ie. you can go on vacation and not take your laptop freedom?
Get access here: http://automateyourbiz.biz/
Are You Struggling to Reach Your Income Goals for 2015?
- 9 Simple Steps to Create a Plan of Action to quickly & easily finish the year in TRIUMPH
- Easy to follow fill in the blank cheat sheet to create a plan
- Easy to follow plan of action cheat sheet so you can easily make the 4th quarter your most profitable!
Discover the Hidden Revenue in Your Business
- Are you flying by the seat of your pants in your business?
- Do you want to make more money and have more free time?
- Do you want to uncover the hidden treasures in your business?
- Those missing opportunities that you just can’t see because you are in constant overwhelm?
Stop spinning your wheels, and start making some money
Get access here: http://automateyourbiz.biz/
Each day, several times a day we make a decision, in fact, just about everything we do is a decision and a choice.
Yes, to be a victim is a choice, its not something that happens to you.
Every moment you get to choose what it is you want, its our greatest gift and our greatest fear because no one else is responsible for but you you, and when you start to take that on, and try it on and play with it, it can be scary.
Crap, it can be scary as hell, but every so often you make a choice that changes the course of your life forever, in ways that you will truly not understand sometimes until years later.
Today, I’d like to talk to you about one of those decisions, and one of those choices I made several years ago in my business and my life for that matter.
Maybe today you will make one of those choices and decisions too!
Can one conversation change everything?
(click here to have yours NOW)
I remember like it was yesterday…
It was a warm summers day, my daughter, now 3 was less then 6 months at the time, she was upstairs with our nanny, who just arrived an hour ago, before John had to head off to work for the evening, he was working 1:30-11 shift at the school. And Kyle, then 3, now going on 7 was still at day care.
I was downstairs in my finished home office in the basement. I could hear the nanny pacing back and forth as she tried to comfort Summer, when all she really wanted was her mom, she was not feeling well again, it was a daily occurrence at that point but I had “so much work” to be done that I felt I could not take the time to comfort and be with her, which was why we hired the nanny in the first place.
I felt bad, I felt guilty, all I wanted was to spend some time with her and comfort her, hold her in my arms and let her know it was all going to be okay.
This was not the first time I felt this way, but this day was different, because this was the day I everything changed, a new decision, a new conversation. And that decision and that conversation has changed the course of my life in so many different ways I could not even imagine at the time.
In the past 30 days, 6 people, close family, friends, and colleagues just up and died and we were on a whirlwind of a roller coaster of emotions and I really began to question everything.
What was this all for?
- these long hours
- all this work
- all this stuff?
Why was I here?
- could it really be to work my ass off with very little reward, hardly ever see my kids, hardly ever see my husband?
- what was the purpose of all of it?
- why am I here?
- What am I “supposed” to be doing? and how can I do it in a way that fulfills me, my bank account, my family and that did not require me to work 17 hour days while trying to care for 2 small kids, with a husband who worked nights at the school and weekends at the fire department.
As I sat in my chair, staring off into space, I asked myself these questions, and waited for the responses.
- I was scared
- I felt alone
- Like I was doing it all on my own
Sure, I had a business coach, sure, I took every certification and training under the sun, sure i had degrees, sure I could help others build profitable and sustainable businesses, but for some reason I could not figure this out for me.
I was stuck in the constant up and down, one month I’d earn $1000 next month $3000, next month $500, some months $5000 but it wasn’t consistent, it wasn’t something I could hang my hat on and depend on.
And come the end of the year, I would always earn right around $35,000….for the past several years since starting my service based business.
Can you relate?
(click here to see how I can help)
I did not make sense to me
- I was smart
- I was savvy
- I had degrees
- I had certifications
- I had trainings
- I had a coach
- I had invested 10?s of thousands of dollars in my “after college” education, to try and make this work, heck, this wasn’t even my first business
- Heck, I had even helped dozens of other business owner get the same freedom I was seeking, with structure, and systems, and teams
Why did I sell that Internet business in the first place?
I began to question myself?
Oh right, because I wanted to be fulfilled, I wanted to help people to create what they wanted to create, I wanted to help others to be free too, but some how in the process, I lost my freedom.
All I wanted so badly was to earn just $8000 per month, that would pay or regular expenses, give us enough money so that John could quiet his job at the school and we could be family.
- Oh, I so desperately wanted to be a family.
- I so desperately wanted to be free.
- I so desperately wanted to make choices that did not revolve around money
- I wanted to leave my kids a legacy (and not the one my family left me)
- I so desperately wanted to be fulfilled with my work, not just doing it because I was good at it, or because it brought in money.
- I wanted a sense of purpose, not just a paycheck, heck, I did not want a paycheck, I wanted to write my own ticket.
- My own ticket to freedom.
- Rise and grind every day
- Work myself until my eyes were heavy and my back hurt, just trying to figure out that one thing that magic bullet that would change it all
- Trading dollars for hours.
Yeah, maybe sometimes I can create $5000 a month, but how do I do that consistently without burning out, working 24/7 and being resentful of my clients?
There had to be another way.
Then, it came to me, there was another way and it all started with a conversation.
My then mentor at the time, had mentioned another mentor, he was a pretty big deal in the coaching arena and I actually had a client that was working with him, so I knew first hand what kind of money he charged and what kind of results people get from working with him. In fact, my mentor had worked with him, which is why I even knew her in the first place.
I remember staring at his website for a few days, I did not really know him, just of him, but I knew one thing for sure, if I filled out the contact form, I was likely getting a phone call.
I spoke with my mentor at the time and told her what I was going through and what I wanted to create, I can still hear her saying, well, then, Kim, you know exactly what you need to do.
And I did, that day, filled out the form and next thing I know I was having a conversation so that would literally change the course of my life and business forever.
Are you ready for that kind of transformation?
(click here to see how I can help)
1 – What do you really want?
Hmm, what do I really want?
- I wanted to be free
- I wanted to have money to do the things I want to do
- I wanted to be able to work when and where I want
- I wanted to consistently earn $8k per month
- I wanted to know how I am going to earn $8k consistently every month so that I do not burn out and never see my kids or husband.
- I wanted to do what I love to do and get paid for it
- I wanted to never have to worry about money again
- I wanted to spend quality time with my kids and husband, I want to be a family
- I wanted my husband to be able to quiet is job
- I wanted to be able to go on vacation when and where I want
2 – What is stopping you from having what you want?
That was simple, at the time I literally had no idea how to consistently earn the money I want to earn doing the work I want to do without burning out.
(sure, I could help other people do this, but I could not connect the dots for myself, I felt like I was special, I was the exception, everyone else could have it, could live the dream, but not me, it was too hard, plus, did I really deserve it? I mean, who the hell was I that I was going to be able to live the life I wanted to live, doing the work I wanted to do, earning the money I wanted to earn, enjoying my free time, my kids, my house, my family…)
3 – Are you willing to do what it takes to get what you want?
Damn straight I said, if you can show me how, I will do whatever it takes, whatever it takes, I want this so bad I can taste it, and I am not willing to die without fulfilling my dream.
Being on the other side of this, I will tell you this, I did whatever it took, and let me tell you, it wasn’t always pretty and it wasn’t always easy and it took having the right kind of support in my life and business to be able to make the changes I needed to make to get to the other side.
I don’t say that to scare you, or be dramatic, but I will tell you this, the thing I personally had to do get to the other side, where I sit now, most people will never have to do nor would most ever do. But that’s okay, because we are all on our own journey, and the truth is, that God does not give us anything that we cannot handle, we are all meant to have our own journey.
(click here to see how I can help)
Bam, just like that. Seriously, I went through this thought process with one of the support coaches on this mentors team and by the end of the conversation I had made a new decision, a new choice.
I decided I was no longer willing to remain stuck, I was no longer willing to not have what I wanted, I was no longer willing to hide my dreams under the rugs and hope and pray that something would change.
I was ready to make a change, and so, I decided, let’s do this, I want to work with him.
Okay great, in order to schedule the VIP day (this is how the relationship started, a 4 hour in person session) there is a required deposit of $20,000.
What the what?, what I minute, I thought, I don’t have that kind of money, just told you, my husband finally just got a JOB after being out of work for nearly 1 1/2 years, I had a new born, and a 3 year old, I was barley scrapping by, we already spent all of our money from our 401K’s, retirement accounts, savings, it was gone, there was nothing left.
I thought, how am I going to do this? It just seemed impossible.
She said to me…”Kim, let me ask you something”, yeah, sure, “Is this what you really want? Truly? to have this life?”
YES, I do…
“and you are willing to do what it takes?”
“then the money is there, the how always shows up once you make a decision that its what you want and you have the desire deep inside of you, you see, that is given to you by God, and that means the way is already here.”
Okay, great, so How do I “see” it because from where I am looking, I see a whole bunch of zeros in my account, and I no way to make this happen.
“Kim, the way is there”
Then it popped into my head…
Well, I have a credit card that has 0% interest for 6 months, maybe I can use that, but the credit limit is only $5,000.
“that’s okay, give me that credit card, I will send over the agreement, and in a week from now, we will process the remaining $15,000 on your credit card and schedule your first session”